Here it is, my come back tour. This is not my first blogging absence, and certainly won't be the last. Emma is very content in the tub right now jabbering, kicking and splashing. Now before you go calling CPS on me, I am sitting on the floor next to the tub shielding my laptop from the splashes. I've been pretty good keeping up on facebook. But I can do short updates one-handed. The blog. It requires two hands. I simply don't have access to both of my hands at the same time too much anymore when I'm home. Not that I'm complaining. PLEASE don't think I'm complaining.
Our baby girl is six months old today. Can you believe it? I can't. Well, I guess in some ways I can. In some ways I can hardly remember our lives without her. In other ways it seems like just yesterday we got that midnight call that she had made her entrance into the world.
She is constantly changing before our eyes. It's not till I look back at the pictures that I realize HOW MUCH she's changed. As part of our adoption, we had to have 3 followup or "Post Placement" visits from our social worker. We had to update the social worker with new pictures at each visit. So I compiled two "picture pages" for her at each visit.
Isn't it crazy how much she's changed? Sadly, she's been sick with one thing or another for much of the last two months. (Back to typing one handed now since someone doesn't want to go to bed tonight).
So, here are some facts about our girl:
- she weighs 16 pounds, and is 25 1/2 inches long.
- she has no interest in rolling over. none.
- she has two teeth; got them one and two weeks ago. she's done great with teething so far.
- she likes her big girl food. She's currently eating oatmeal cereal, rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, peas and carrots.
- she is very interested in food we are eating.
- she normally (although not tonight) puts herself to sleep at night. she still sleeps in mommy and daddy's room. I think that's more for us than her though.
- she had a major growth spurt, and finally got out of newborn clothes when she was 4 months old. Now she's in 6 month clothes!
- she notices everything around her.
- she recognizes that she knows some people, and not others, and she's starting to be very leery of strangers.
- she loves kisses and snuggles.
- she is asleep... so I'm going to get her to bed









1 comments:
I am so glad you are back! Emma is absolutely adorable and your picture pages are wonderful. Looks like they are ready to go right into a scrapbook. Sounds like you all are doing really well - hard to believe it has already been 6 months. Do you know when your adoption court date is yet?
Post a Comment